As the capital and commercial heart of the country, the Greater Kuala Lumpur (KL)/Klang Valley NKEA (National Key Economics Area) represents a crucial component in the plan to transform Malaysia into a high-income nation by 2020. The overall aim is to transform the region into a world-class metropolis that will boast top standards in every area from business infrastructure to liveability.
By 2020, the NKEA is projected to create 300,000 new jobs through the implementation of ten Entry Point Projects (EPPs) & 2 BOs.
Whereas, sewerage infrastructure projects are under EPPs #5 – River Of Life and BOs 3 – Non River Of Life.
Kota Menara Ufuk Sdn Bhd (KMUSB)
KMU is proud to be a participant in the ROL & Sewerage Non River Projects, especially in the main package such as D46 - Damansara, Kuala Lumpur, D47 - Petaling Jaya North, D52 - Puchong. The below projects indication are the project awarded to Kota Menara Ufuk Sdn Bhd.
|"B" Package Project - Upgrading of STP Projects under Greater KL
In view of the Greater KL project, Goverment of Malaysia has identified several Category 3 & 2 Sewerages Treatment Plants ( STPs) in Klang Valley need to be upgraded ro Category 1 Standard A Mechanised Activated Sludge (AS) - Suspended Growth System with specified Population Equivalent (PE). These Plants would require approximate upgrading and modification in order to comply with the Category 1 Standard A Effluent Standards. The upgrading and modification to these STPs are deemed crucial because of the following :
- Increasingly stringent discharge standards imposed on wastewatr treatment facilities that may require plant's capability to remove nutrients and/or other specified pollutions.
- Desire to alleviate the direct impact of treated effluent to the River of Life catchment with improved the treated influent quality.
- The needs to rehabilitation the existing that are currently not able to meet the DOE gazetted standards especially on the nutrient removal.
- Existing equipment, facilities and/or technology may be obsolete or may have exceeded their economical life span or may not be consistently reliable to assure consistent compliance to the effluent quality. Thus it is critical to upgrade and improve the plants' reliability and operational efficient and cost effective technology.
- Risks beyond control for example flooding, structure failures, landslide and erosion.
KMUSB has actively participating "B" Package Project - Sewerage Treatment Plant Upgrading projects. There are 3 majors upgradin projects awarded to KMUSB, which is B25- Dengkil and Semenyih area, B28- Rawang and Kajang area and B37 - Bang and Semenyih area. Total of 15 nos STP and 306,080E upgrading work had been done for these 3 projects.